Endorsers are welcome to attend planning meetings and join committees.
General Planning Meetings are Thursdays at 4pm ET
List of Action Committees
Votercade Committee meets Wednesdays, at 4pm ET.
– Sets up and supports votercades throughout the country.
– Reviews votercades interested, potential locations and determine viability.
– Press Conferences and local media before Votercades
– Provide car signs for participants
– sets up “Voter Celebration Villages.”
– national and local materials regarding HR1/S1 and HR4.
– Canvassing of areas before & during votercades
– local organizers set up routes for votercades
Teach-In & Curriculum meets Tuesdays at 4:30 PM ET
– Develops curriculum/topics to be broadcast nationally
– Setting up “pods” of learning opportunities on S1, HR4 and Police Reform and various issues of concern and historical events.
– Identify the Teachers/faculty for the Teach-In Institute
– Identifies Supreme Court cases, state and federal legislation to share with students.
– This is an ongoing Committee throughout the year
– Develops a program that creates a certificate of completion of the Civil Rights/Voting Rights Academy
National Broadcast meets Tuesdays at 4:30 PM ET
– This committee will set up the national broadcast of all votercades occurring across America.
– Opens JLDOA with virtual Teach In
– Responsible for virtual National Speakers/Performers during broadcast
– Coordinates the unification of all votercades, Teach Ins and Social Media
– Determines strategy to reach national broadcasting interests
– Identifies local media for Votercades and JLDOA
Social Media & Communications meets Wednesdays at 2pm ET
– Coordinates to create outreach/publicity/marketing through all social media platforms
– Develop micro website for JDLOA and Teach In Institute
– Develops platform to show all votercades of May 8, 2021
– Develops social media platform to publicize the national Teach-In Institute throughout the year
Fundraising Committee – Contact Jonah at email@example.com
– Structure a budget to reach goals of the JLDOA
– Identify revenue sources
– Develop budget to provide tee-shirts, buttons and supplies needed to promote JLDOA and Teach-In Institute
– Identify funding source for continuing Teach-In Institute
Ahmaud Arbery “#Vote4Justice” Birthday Celebration Committee
– Special votercade dedicated to Ahmaud Arbery held in Brunswick, GA
– Votercade ends at the Ahmaud Arbery Mural
– Special recognition of the Arbery family
– Virtual Activism Village” begins at the Arbery Mural
– George Floyd, Elijah McClain, Breonna Taylor family members to be present at the Ahmaud Arbery Birthday Celebration
– #SayHerName to be represented
– Flowers presented at the Arbery Mural